1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
Yes, I visited the Capital in Jan of 1993. I was most impressed with the Vietnam Wall Memorial. I had seen the traveling wall, but nothing makes a statement like the original.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding? A couple of years ago in the summer. I was a late summer bride, August. There are no weddings on my summer schedule, but there is one in the fall.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries? Freshly washed, just out of the field.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer? Going to Boston to see my daughter, son in law and grandbabies. One month, baby!
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store? I LOATHE the self checkers.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice. Wear sunblock, whether you burn or tan, it will help protect your skin from turning into leather.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime? Flip flops.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Favorite thing heard at work today, "I went to see my personal position, but I want to know if you have a position here." (Position = physician)
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Today we ripped off a blogger (and friend for a lot of years) known as Cat. She authors the blogSweet Memes. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Aunt Vi passed away yesterday and I wanted to share some wonderful memories of her.
Aunt Vi lived in an astronauty part of Florida, and I can remember going to visit her in the summer time with my brother and parents. She (& I) begged for me to be able to stay a few weeks with her, but my parents would never budge and let me stay. Here are some of my favorite memories of her:
They had central air, and ran it on cool. (As opposed to a money wise setting)
They had real cable tv, before cable was available where I grew up. I fell in love with Major Nelson, oh and Jeannie too, at her house.
She would take me to the grocery store and get sherbert. Lemon, lime, orange! I think that was the only place I ate sherbert until I was an adult and bought my own.
She lived on a canal, with an in ground pool enclosed in a lanai.
She lived near the beach.
She had an inside dog.
She loved to spoil me, as she had no little girl.
She was super exotic to me, always made up, hair always done in a chic short style, always wore high heels, so high to the point that it seems as if her feet were permanently molded to the shape of high heels!
She was a living breathing Barbie doll and she was MY AUNT!
She had a son, my cousin, who being 5 years older than me, I idolized!
Of course, being 5 years older than me had no time for his Pippy Longstocking look alike cousin.
Seriously, I looked like Pippy Longstocking, see:
Front: (L to R) My cousin, myself, my brother
Back: (L to R) Aunt Vi, My Grandma
We've had a busy weekend. First we went and bought all the supplies for the bathroom redo. My house looks like a mini home warehouse store. Then we went to a Wild Hog BBQ put on by my husbands friends family. I made this cake and took it. I think it was the first cake I've made from scratch. Here is a picture:
It's called Tropical Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I found the recipe at Flour Me With Love
There were a lot of people at this BBQ and a lot of desserts, this cake was 3/4 eaten! So check out the blog at Flour Me With Love for this recipe and others!
Now, It's Blog Hopping Time. These are the Monday Blogs I'm participating in.