I do not usually leave the first paragraph of Sunday Stealing, but this week feel like it's needed.
The Team Jeffie Meme
If you point to anything, please point to the Team Jeffie page here on Facebook (facebook.com/teamjeffie) -- if you flip back through the entries from the past six months, you'll begin to get a sense of how horrific these months have been. Especially for the months of December and January, when our only goals were 'survival' and 'eventual consciousness.'
Prior to his accident, Jeff was an extraordinarily gifted engineer. In the past six months, he has relearned to breathe, to talk, to feed himself, to walk. We have learned, much to our astonishment, that if he perseveres with his therapy, there is a good chance that he might resume his engineering work -- not now, not soon, but eventually.
Imagine a man who loves audio work so much that he was back mixing live performances when he still needed a walker, and still struggled to speak clearly all the time. (I should note that his skills survived the accident. It was amazing to see.)
Jeff, his family, his friends, and I have been through a lot. We are very real people going through a horrific life event, and we need genuine support and care, not curious onlookers.
We were extraordinarily introverted before the accident, and the months since have been doubly traumatic -- not only are we going through this, we're having to go through it with zero privacy.
Whatever you say ... please be kind. That's all I can ask.
We wrote her back to say that her words would introduce our meme. Today, please click on her Team Jeffie website. Just say “hi” and wish him well. We're hoping that those of you with the time could also help our new friends Amy and Jeffie. Let them know they've got new friends that care. We hope we've been kind. God bless them. God bless you, our friends!
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!
Today we ripped off a blogger named Jeff from the blog Sliding Constant. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Team Jeffie Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
TRUE OR FALSE
Q: Kissed someone on your friends list?
Q: Been arrested?
Q: Held a snake?
Q: Been suspended from school?
Q: Sang karaoke?
Does recording one of those self CD's count, but no not karaoke.
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do?
Q: Laughed until you started crying?
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
Q: Kissed in the rain?
Q: Sang in the shower?
Q: Sat on a roof top?
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on?
Q: Broken a bone?
Q: Shaved your head?
Q: Played a prank on someone?
Q: Shot a gun?
Q: Donated Blood?
1. You hung out with? My husband, Kenneth.
2. You texted? My daughter, Kristen.
3. You were in a car with? Kenneth
4. Went to the movies with? Kenneth
5. Person you went to shop with? Kenneth
6. You talked on the phone? Kristen
7. Made you laugh? Kenneth
8. You hugged? Kenneth
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...
1. Sang? Yes
2. Listened to music? Yes
3. Danced Crazy? No
4. Cried? Teared up...
1.Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date? Glynn
2. Who was your first roommate? Karen
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Probably Southern Comfort
4. What was your first job? Cashier at T.G.&Y.
5. What was your first car? Karmann Ghia
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing?
Probably around 10 or 11 years old.
7. Who was your first grade teacher? I didn't have a first grade teacher, I went straight from kindergarten to second grade.
8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
9. When you snuck out of your house for the first time? You obviously have never met my parents, I never snuck out.
10. Who was your first best friend?
When? In early elementary it was Jeffery Stewart, until he was killed in front of my house by a bus. We thank goodness were not home at the time.
11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? Daisy, Donna, Sandra
12. Where was your first sleepover? Daisy's
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Kenneth or Kristen
14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman? Karen's
15. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning? Peed
16. First time you tied your shoe laces? Seriously, you expect me to remember that?
17. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush? No
18. Who was the first person you met from the blogosphere? Like in real life? No one.
19. What was the first music album that you bought? Probably The Eagles Greatest Hits or a Rolling Stones album
20. Who was your first celebrity crush? David Cassidy NOW that is telling my age....
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! Please leave a comment or link when you have posted.