CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Birthday & The USMC Marathon in DC

Just wanted to say on the blog Happy Birthday (one day late) to my own "Great Pumpkin", Chris.  I'll never forget waking up Halloween day, 1985, walking to the bathroom and feeling my pelvic bones jiggle.  Yes, they literally jiggled!  I had an appointment that day and told them that and they promptly sent me over to L&D.  Once there they did an ultrasound and lo and behold I was in labor and met Chris before I had him.  Some time I'll have to blog about the lady in the cubicle next to me when I was having false labor.  Anyway, Happy Birthday a day late, Chris.  (I don't feel bad about this because I didn't forget his birthday yesterday, I just didn't blog about it then) I wish I had a then picture, but here is a now picture of my "Great Pumpkin".







I'd also like to take a moment and say to the son in law that I am very proud of him for completing his first marathon, the Marine Corp Marathon that benefited St. Jude's Hospital.  Joey raised $1000.00 in sponsorship for this marathon.  Kenneth is proud of you too!  Joey had an impressive time of 4:40:15, half of it run with a pulled hamstring.  Lesser beings (me for sure!) would not have been able to continue on with that injury.  Hope you heal and continue to be a marathoner.  I think, from what I hear, you have the fever now!
Here he is after he finished, and looking pretty darn good:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at my handsome brother and sexy hubby!!!

Jen said...

Hi!
I'm a new follower from Social Parade!
Would love for you to visit my page and follow back!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Frugal Invitation
http:/www.frugalinvitation.com
http://twitter.com/thefrugalinvite

Post a Comment