CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

This is one of those blog hops that you participate in, not only by visiting and following other blogs, but by answering questions the host, Joyce  @ From This Side of the Pond creates.







1.  Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you? 

Ever since I first heard this song it has been my summer anthem.  It resonates with summers from the late 70's and early 80's which was my carefree and prior to responsibility time as well as it does for today.




Plus, it just makes me happy to hear this song.

2.  What is the quintessential summer food?
Well, my first choice would be watermelon, but as Joyce had this as her answer, I'll use my second choice.
Homemade Peach ice cream. 
What else would you expect from a Georgia girl?

3.I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest stops on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Grover Cleveland just to name a few. Of those I listed who would you most like to have known and why?
Hands down, Clara Barton & Molly Pitcher.
Both were women ahead of their time, and both were not afraid to think 'outside of the box', way before it was cool.
 
4.   At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?  
Are we talking permanently or temporarily?  I was 17 when I moved to the college dorms.  I was 20 when I got married the first time and moved out and into adult life.

5.  What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving money definitely, not that we are able to get ahead by much right now with the economy.
 
6.  Name something you think brings out the good in people.
 Ok this may be off the mark, but I'm gonna say working with people who are positive and smile all the time. This rubs off and is much easier to accomplish than being a grump, whiner and complainer.  Which is also contagious.  I try to be that person, but being the imperfect person I am I do have grump days.
 
7.   This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy at Reflections...are you taking a vacation or staycation this summer? If so where are will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time? 
We have taken a vacation to Boston to see my daughter and her family.  I will fly up there again to have an adventure with her in late July to drive back down with the four kiddos.  I am blessed with a job and schedule that gives me 6 days off every 3 weeks.  I try to plan get aways for then, but it is not always possible.
 
8.   Insert your own random thought here. 
 I saw someone else use something they found on Pinterest and thought I have the best one for here on one of my boards:  Funnies.  
Apparently, this is more common than I and two of my other friends realized! 
I about cried tears down my leg when I first saw this!

3 comments:

Krista said...

That is hilarious :) I love all the funny stuff you can find on Pinterest!

Theresa said...

Boston is such a great place for a vacation. Enjoy :)

Joyce said...

I love that sign too : ) And the Kid Rock song makes me smile too. I've never spent any time in Boston but will have a long weekend there with friends in September and I can't wait!

Post a Comment