CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 18, 2012

I know, it's been forever, right!

I don't think I've written a post since last October, ok November 1st, I checked.  Shameful.  I've been kicking around an idea to do a synopsis of what has been happening since then in our life, and I may still do it, but month by month so that I don't do a completely picture overload on one post.  
Today though, I'd like to share some recipes that I found on Pinterest, which led me to other blogs, and that I've tried out with minor modifications.  Those modifications were all done for my convenience, or to fit with what is available in my local grocery. I live in a small town and have not so much choice with grocery stores.

First, I made my husband this awesome Banana Pudding Pie.





Of course it doesn't look as neat as the picture that attracted me from Pinterest:

 I was led to this blog for the original recipe:

The modifications I made to the recipe were:

1. Crust:  The recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs. Then it specifies about 30 wafers.
I read it as 2 1/2  cups crumbs and 30 wafers make about 1/2 cup.  So using almost an entire box of wafers I got my 2 1/2 cups crumbs.  Otherwise, no change to this part.  It did make a nice, yummy thick crust and luckily, I did have another box of vanilla wafers on hand.

2.  The pudding:  The recipe has you make a homemade pudding. Which is nice, but I had too much else going on in the kitchen at the time.  So I used an instant (GASP!) vanilla pudding mix, if you go this route, made sure that you use the large mix.

Otherwise, I pretty much followed the recipe and it was YUMMY!

The second recipe that caught my eye was this delicious looking salad.


Dubbed a Power Salad on Pinterest. 
You can find the recipe here:

The modifications I made to this recipe were:

I used:
 chopped walnuts as pine nuts are not available at my grocery.
 a tomato that I had already at home.
canned chicken breast, also already at the house.
Parmesan cheese, since I dislike Feta.  Don't be hatin' on me, :)  
lastly, a Balsimic, Tomato & Basil Vinagrette (bottled) dressing.

I wonder how ripe olives would have been in it as well.

It did turn out very good and I ended up eating the salad for lunch and supper.

Hope y'all have a great day and find some healthy and not so much inspiration from these recipes and blogs like I did.



2 comments:

Judy said...

Your Banana Pudding Pie looks so good! Thanks for following my blog. I'm now following back. Have a great day.

Kathryn said...

wow, yummy! I found you on the blog hop and am now following via google friend. would love a follow back

http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment